The innovative design of the Fat Face Fender XL provides maximum front-end protection, from a flexible fender, at a fraction of the weight of a bolt-on guard; a great option for riders that want the protection without the bulk.
- An innovative design, the fender profile folds allowing it to follow the shape of the wheel. It sits close to the rubber and overlaps the tyre width to catch anything thrown up at speed.
- Stops any muck, gravel, sand and animal snow being flung into your face.
- Can be used on all fat bike wheel sizes.
- Flexible design with 4 fastening points... the fender hugs the fork and bridge profile to leave maximum tyre clearance and prevent mud clogging up inside.
- Protects your fork and from getting caked, reducing the need for cleaning and servicing.
- Discreet and effective... it will not interrupt your ride.
- Comes with genuine, high-quality Velcro straps to attach to the fork. It's kind on the paintwork and makes fitting and removal a breeze. You can also choose zip-ties if you prefer.
- Fitted correctly, there is no movement or rattling.
- One of the lightest and most versatile fat bike mudguards available of its size, at just 75g.
- Compatible with most rigid fork designs.*
- Can be used as a rear guard on some arrangements.
- Easy to clean as it's flexible and opens flat. Simply wipe it and you're done.
- Made in the UK from recyclable plastic.
* This fender is not compatible with forks that feature a cross piece in the arch, such as the Trek Farley.
Want more muck protection for your fat bike? Couple this with our Fat Gut Fender and Fat Butt Fender.
It's no secret that plastic is used in most of our products, and this is simply because it's the best material for the job.
As a responsible manufacturer we are committed to sustainability; to produce and sell our products with minimal waste, minimal packaging and we recycle everything we can along the way. Each product is designed to serve its purpose over many years and is by no means a single-use plastic. When a Mucky Nutz product does eventually reach the end of its functional life, it can be fully recycled and we encourage all customers to do so.
- Take the roll of Velcro and wrap it around the fork so it overlaps by an inch or so. Cut off that length and repeat the process for the other side of the fork.
- Now do the same on the bridge. You will end up with two lengths of Velcro for the fork and two lengths for the bridge.
- Now take the fender, break off the hanger tab and tuck the rear ‘arms’ under the forward so that they overlap, then thread the longer length of Velcro through the aligned holes (fluffy side to the fork). Stick the Velcro together to hold the arms together whilst positioning the fender on the fork. Repeat on the other side.
- Position the fender onto the fork and tighten the two top Velcro straps around the bridge first so it pulls up flush, then tighten the lower arms around the fork.
- Lightly squeeze along the crease lines to bring the roof up to the desired tyre clearance and square the shape up. You’re all set to go.